Friday 1 November 2019

Retro Game purchases October 2019

My purchases for October started on the 1st of the month when I grabbed a few bit, I got Project Gotham racing, project Gotham racing 2, conflict desert storm 2, medal of honor rising sun, and dead or alive 3 all for Xbox boxed complete for £1 each from a charity shop and then I went and got Shrek 2 for GameCube complete for £1 from a different charity shop.

On the 4th of October I travelled to a run down looking charity shop in a town I dont usually visit and I grabbed a few things, I got The incredible for GameCube complete for £1 , Wrestlemania x8 for GameCube complete for £1 and kick off for NES cart only for £1.50 , it seems like a long time since I've got a NES game that cheap.

On the 5th I went to a retro game fair which was held in a hotel conference room today, I figured it would be all £100 boxed rares and nothing I'd feel like paying for and yeah there was some stuff like that but there was also a few cheap bits to pick through.

I got the following

Columns cart only for game gear for 50p
Wave race cart only for gameboy for £1
Game boy gallery cart only for gameboy £1
Golf cart only for gameboy £1
All star baseball 2001 cart only for gameboy color £1
F-1 world grand Prix cart only for gameboy color £1
Perfect dark cart only (missing battery cover) for gameboy color £1
Super hunchback cart only for gameboy £1
Gundam SD cart only (Japanese) for gameboy £1
Total soccer manager cart only for GBA £1
Nintendo scope 6 cart only for SNES £1
PGA tour 96 cart only for SNES £1
Secret of Man cart only (Japanese) for SNES £1
Donkey Kong Land cart only (half missing label) for gameboy color £1
Kirby super deluxe cart only (Japanese) for SNES £4
Robot Wars EX cart only (Japanese) for SNES £2
Two disc only copies of Alien Trilogy , a disc only copy of grudge warriors, and a disc copy of lion and the king £1 for the lot,
A Joytech PS1 essential pack sealed , includes 3rd party 1mb memory card and 3rd party mini analogue controller
and a boxed complete Japanese SNES game that I first believed to be a pinball game for £6 but it turned out to be a blooming pachinko game which somewhat annoyed me. I have since found out its called Hissatsu Pachinko Collection 2


On the 12th during a visit to yet another charity shop I got 14 loose PSP games for £9.  I got 2 copies of Ben 10 protector of the earth, Lego Indiana Jones, GTA vice city stories , GTA liberty city stories, Miami vice, ghost rider, mercury , crash of the titans, pro evo 5, FIFA 09, star wars clone wars republic heroes, star ward battle front 2 and Colin McRae rally 2005 plus. I also grabbed Animal crossing for the Wii for £2 from this shop.
On the 15th I grabbed a few loose carts from an indy game shop, I got F-1 World Grand Prix 2 for N64 for 50pence, V-Rally Edition 99 for N64 for £1.50, 1080 Snowboarding for N64 for £2 and Batman Returns for GameGear for £1.50

On the 18th I went to a charity shop and for £5.95 I got a Nintendo Wii.  OK so first the bad part it has no sensor bar, no TV wire, no wiimote or nunchuck, it also has the door for the cube pads missing. The good part is it has its charger and its stand but more importantly it has the homebrew channel installed, a 32gig SD card in it, a 32gig USB key in the back of it.

On the 19th I popped into a indy game store and I grabbed two loose gameboy carts for £1 each today WaveRace and Nintendo World Cup.

On the 20th my daughter grabbed me Nagano Winter Olympics 98 cart only for N64 for £1, makes me more happy than anything that she thinks about me enough to grab me a game while shes hanging with her friends

On the 21st I went in an Indy game shop after work and got Adventures of lolo 2 for the NES cart only for £5. , I'd never heard of it but it said it was by Hal on the label so figured I'd give it a punt.

On the 25th I got a few bits from an indy game shop I got an American cartridge only copy of The Simpsons Bart's Nightmare for the SNES £5, Fifa 95 complete for the Megadrive £1, Fifa 97 complete for the Megadrive £1, Mega games 1 complete for the Megadrive £1, Kingdom hearts 2 for ps2 for 25p the discs good but the manual and cover have some water damage, Final fantasy x2 disc only for ps2 for 25p and Monopoly party complete for Xbox for 50p

On the 26th I once again got a call from my daughter to tell me I owe her a little bit of cash because shes been picking me up stuff again, she got me Devil may cry 1, 2 and 3 for PS2 for 50p each complete, Devil may cry 4 in a steel case complete for ps3 for £1, Uncharted 2 in a steel case complete for ps3 for £1 and Heavenly Sword for ps3 complete for £1

On the 28th I got Mission Impossible operation suma complete for the Gamecube for £2. I dont think I have ever played it but I played the living heck out of the N64 MI game.
  
My retro purchases ended on the 29th when I paid £18 for a cart only pal SNES copy of The Flintstones The Treasure of Sierra Mudrock. I have never seen it in the flesh before and wanted to buy it to review it, it's been a long time since I've wrote a new SNES review even if I've made videos for old reviews lately. After having made my Barts Nightmare video Flintstones felt like something I'd like to tackle. It did feel like a big spend on one item though.

So in October 2019 I Spent £99.95‬, an amount that has left me pretty darn shocked as I dont think I have come close to that in a long time, my purchase of the month has to be the hacked Wii though, I just think with the SD card and USB key and what I can do with it just makes it an absolute steal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tales from the Crypt DEAD EASY aka Fat Tuesday the lost film

Ages and Ages ago I made blog posts about Tales from the Crypt Presents Fat Tuesday AKA Dead Easy and a few years ago I turned these into a...