Monday 4 July 2022

My Retro Game Purchases June 2022



Ok so here I am back again with another retro purchases monthly report. I am not going to add up the value of the stuff as a lot of it is debatable whether its retro or not, if its not the current gen or the gen before that then I am calling it retro, same with something i am using for retro purposes If I am using a modern pad to play retro games then I am going to talk about it here.

So on the first of the month I grabbed a Nintendo Wii for £25, its far from the first one I have purchased but if you look at the following picture its probably easy to see why I grabbed it.




As can sort of be seen it included a balance board, 2 official Wii-motes, 4 official nunchucks , 2 official classic controllers, 1 official classic pro controller, the sensor , power supply, the standard TV lead, a better official composite lead, the sensor bar, the stand, a bunch of those silly attachments, a 2Gig SD card inside it, not in this picture are an unofficial stand complete with a charging dock in it with chargeable batteries for 2 Wii-motes. I very much purchased this console for all of the equipment that came with it as by CEX/Pawn store standards there was around £100 worth of controllers

On the first of the month I also got 6 Japanese GameCube games for £30




These are

Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen ,the disc the plastic case and manual no card cover

Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2, complete

Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3, the disc the plastic case and manual no card cover

Gash Bell!! Yuujou no Tag Battle, the disc the plastic case and manual no card cover

Donkey Konga ,complete

Groove Adventure Rave: Fighting Live , complete

Other than a Japanese Baseball game I grabbed last month these are the first Japanese Cube games to enter my collection, I love the size and shape of the plastic boxes for them, not so keen on the carboard covers




I then waited till the 14th of the month when I got another Japanese Gamecube game complete for £8 (Mystic Heroes)



I also got a joystick for the C64 Mini boxed for £5, sure its a modern item but its retro themed and will help me to play more retro stuff, not only can I use it on the C64 Mini I own It would also be cool for using to play games from that sort of age on my laptop C64 and Spectrum etc






On the 15th I managed to get a loose SNES cart of Tiny Toons Adventures Buster Busts loose for £4 its not in perfect condition but its a good game so I was quiet happy to grab it.



On the 17th I grabbed two things one of them was this loose cart of Quackshot for the MegaDrive for £5 this is actually one of my top twenty games on the system, if you haven't played it then I highly recommend it particularly if your a Duck Tales fan.


The other thing I grabbed was Arc Twilight of the Spirits for PS2 I grabbed this for £5 it's missing it's manual but I'm happy. I didn't realise there was an English Language Arc The Lad game on PS2, in fact when I saw it I did a quick google search to see if it was an Arc the Lad game. Arc the Lad was a game that formed a piece of my teenage life, you see I had a friend who was so in to his RPG games that he couldn't get enough of them to the degree that he started buying Japanese RPG's that had not come out in England and trying to play his way through them despite the language barrier and the main ones I remember him playing are Arc the Lad and Arc the Lad 2.



On the 18th I got Little Big Planet for the PS3 from a charity shop for 50pence, it was just nestled in with the kids DVD's, not every retro game needs to cost the earth and its a great game.




On the 22nd my favourite pawn store closed and I had a last visit to say goodbye to the staff who have helped me with so much stuff. Grabbed this little pile of stuff for £20, my final purchase from a great shop and a great bunch of guys. As can be seen there are 3 sealed wired Joypads for use on PC or PS3 should be great for retro gaming, theres also a PS2 pad with an adaptor to allow me to use it on a PC (great for emulation), then there is a PS3 Blue Ray remote and a broken laptop.



I got that Laptop up and running its a Dual Core 1.7ghz processor with 1gb of ram and a 120gig Hardrive (which I have since upgraded to a 500gig Hardrive) and I bet you can guess just what I have done with it.





On the 25th I finished the month of by buying a whole bunch of stuff

Grabbed these 4 original XBOX games for £1 each.






These PS3 games for £3 in total




These 3 games for a total of £2




This lovely looking 2DS for £30 it's in great condition, came with official charger and a 4gb SD card, also had Tomodachi life on it. I have since hacked it, hey if Nintendo are going to shut down there online shop and stop me getting all the patches and stuff I might need in the future I am going to be ready for it.



And here are the last of that days games that I grabbed, Super Street fighter 2 American for £8 ,ECW hardcore for GBC for £1 , Stunt Race FX for SNES for £4, Microsoft puzzle collection for £1, and JaJa Maru for Famicom for £3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tales from the Crypt DEAD EASY aka Fat Tuesday the lost film

Ages and Ages ago I made blog posts about Tales from the Crypt Presents Fat Tuesday AKA Dead Easy and a few years ago I turned these into a...