Wednesday 6 July 2022

My Review of Obi_Wan Kenobi

Star Wars has always been a big part of my life, I cant remember exactly how and when I first saw it but I do know that it was very early and it made a big impression, I think I can limit the way I first saw it down to one of two scenarios I am just not sure which came first. Ok one way I saw them was on TV. When I was young the original 3 Star Wars films were always on the TV around the Christmas Holidays, it would be something like Star Wars would be on at some point on Christmas day and then you'd get Empire on Boxing Day and Return of the Jedi on new years eve or some variation on this theme.  So watching it in this sort of way might have been my first experience of Star Wars but I also remember my Dad owning a Super 8 cine film 42.5m film reel which showed a sort of condensed around 8 minutes version of Star Wars which my Dad would show me by using his Super 8 projector to project this on to a small roll away cinema screen. This wasn't the only film my Dad would show me he would show me all kinds of cartoons and Black and White horror films via projector, it really is something which helped a real love of film to grow within me, from a young age I was able to set up a cine film projector and screen and thread the films into the projector and play them. I must have watched this 8 minute version of Star Wars thousands of times, my Dad has given it me and I still own it to this very day. My dad was my big introduction to the world of Science Fiction and to this day I still love watching stuff with him. Every time a new Star Wars film has come out I have had to run out and see it as quickly as possible. 

So with this in mind I had to watch Obi-Wan Kenobi and I had to make a video giving my thoughts on it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tales from the Crypt DEAD EASY aka Fat Tuesday the lost film

Ages and Ages ago I made blog posts about Tales from the Crypt Presents Fat Tuesday AKA Dead Easy and a few years ago I turned these into a...