Saturday 31 August 2019

August 2019 Retro purchases

So last month I only spent £18 on retro games which I said  pretty much an all time low for me. I know I have spent more this month but I wouldnt exactly call it a bountiful month.
 
My retro purchasing started on the 3rd when I went round a bunch of charity shops, I grabbed Red steel 2 complete for the Wii for £1.50 and I got a white and pink original DS without charger for £10 from, my original DS has a broken hinge so I guess this is its replacement even though if I play a DS game im far more likly to play it on my current 2DS.

I did look at a Wii but it was £25 in a charity shop and it was filthy had a minging looking dirty balance board with Wii fit, a probably not working its so scratched Mario kart and a wiimote that looked like it had been up some bodies ass. Amongst all that though with it included in the price was a pristine looking copy of Donkey Kong Country Returns, I offererd them £5 for Donkey Kong but they basically said ''nope we won't sell that separate, we are hoping someone will buy the whole lot just to get that''. , if someone does buy it best of luck to them scrubbing it all up. When I talk about some of my charity shop finds people think I have done great and live in a land with super charity shops full of gems but in truth I dig through a lot of filthy copies of Fifa and trash to find the things I end up with.
I didnt grab anything else then unti the 17th when I grabbed a few cheap games, nothing that old but good for the price. I got Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix for Wii 50p, Prince of Persia rival swords for Wii 50p, Call of Duty 3 for wii for 50p. Little big planet for ps3 for 50p , far cry 2 for ps3 for 50p, resistance fall of man for ps3 for 50p, grand theft auto 4 for ps3 for 50p, and fight night round 3 for ps3 for 50p. I also got a super slim ps3 with all its wires and 2 pads for £5 presuming something's would be up with it and that I would end up just taking the pad and wires and playing with the carcass of it. Well the machine worked a treat it had a 500gig hard drive in itand its now sat under the telly.
On the 19th I got Pokemon gold cart only for the gameboy for £10 from an Indy store. I was certain I had carts of all the old gameboy Pokemon's bar gold, but when I phoned my daughter mega excited she informed me I was wrong its silver I don't have she then backed it up with photo evidence, darn, I guess you cant win them all.

On the 24th I went to a little Indy game shop on the way back from work and got ISS2 for GameCube complete for £1 and then dance stage euro mix, dance stage party edition and who wants to be a millionaire 2nd edition all complete in great condition for 50pence each, I might steal there cases for better games.

On the 27th I visited a small shop and upon asking about SNES games he went in the back and pulled out the following few carts which I purchased, kick off 3, Nigel Mansells world championship racing and Kirby's dream course (jap) for £2 each. Mansell has almost no label though which is a shame, I'm sure some people would print it a new one but that's not something I personally like to do or see done.

My last retro purchase of the month was on the 29th when I grabbed Pokemon red cart only for £10 yesterday from an indy shop. I know I already have red but id had a hard day at work and wanted to grab something to cheer myself up and this ended up being it. I guess not all of my purchases are that smart some are done for silly reasons but oh well I could be spending my money on much worse things.

So if my calculations are correct I spent £50 this month on retro games. If I had to say anything was the best purchase then I guess it would need to be the PS3 I mean that is a pretty silly price for something so cool, but it just goes to show sometimes you need to throw the dice and let lady luck take you home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tales from the Crypt DEAD EASY aka Fat Tuesday the lost film

Ages and Ages ago I made blog posts about Tales from the Crypt Presents Fat Tuesday AKA Dead Easy and a few years ago I turned these into a...