Sunday 1 December 2019

November Retro game purchases 2019

On the 1st of November I started my retro puchasing by going in to an indy games store and I grabbed a Metalic pink DS lite with a paw print on it and charger for £15 and I also grabbed Super RC Pro Am cart only for Gameboy for £3 which I dont think was to bad a start to the month

On the 8th I grabbed a few bits from a pawn store I visited I got LA Rush for Xbox complete for 50p,MechAssault 2 Lone wolf for Xbox complete for 50p, Commandos strike force for xbox complete for 50p, Doom 3 for Xbox complete for 50p, Black for xbox complete for 50p, Miami Vice for Xbox complete for 50p, The Chronicles of Riddick escape from butcher bay for xbox complete for 50p, OutRun 2006 Coast 2 Coast for psp missing manual for £2, Driven for Gamecube complete for £2 and Tetris 2 cart only for gameboy for £3

On the 11th I went to a diffrent pawn store and got Orphen: Scion of Sorcery for ps2 complete for 50p, Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets for ps1 complete for 50p, Destruction Derby for ps1, disc and manual in empty playstation case for 50p and NBA Courtside 2002 for gamecube complete for £1
 
On the 18th I once again found myself in a pawn store where I grabbed Burnout 3 for Xbox missing manual 50p, Prince of Persia warrior within for Xbox missing manual 50p, Mechassault for Xbox complete 50p and SSX on tour for Xbox complete 50p

As soon as I got home I  had a bash on Burnout 3 , shoved it in the Xbox 360 and played it using backwards compatability and all I can say is that I still blooming love this game just as much as I ever did.
On the 20th I grabbed a few charity shop bitswhich I was fairly happy with. I got Fifa street 2 for xbox complete for 50p, crash bandicoot the wrath of cortex (classics version) for xbox complete for £1, The sims 2 pets for psp complete for £1 and World Rally Championship for psp complete for £1

The last retro thing I grabebd was on the 27th when I visited an indy shop and grabbed a few bits, I got Ganbare Goemon (AKA mystic Ninja) Japanese cart only for Nintendo 64 for £3.50, Super Puyo Puyo Japanese complete SNES/Super Famicom game for £5.50,  Space Invaders Japanese Complete SNES/Super Famicom game for £7 andDonkey Kong Country Japanese cart only for SNES/Super Famicom for £3

So my total spend this month on retro gear was £56.50 which for me I would consider a sort of middle amount compared to how much and how little I have spent in the past. For me the highlight is simply all the great original Xbox stuff I grabbed for so little. Retro gaming is always seen as an expensive hobby but I think deals like this show that if you look around and dont jump at the first thing you see you can actually retro game on a budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tales from the Crypt DEAD EASY aka Fat Tuesday the lost film

Ages and Ages ago I made blog posts about Tales from the Crypt Presents Fat Tuesday AKA Dead Easy and a few years ago I turned these into a...