Friday 5 February 2016

This Months retro Video Game purchases: January 2016 (yep its a bit late)

OK so it is that time of the month again, the time when one month is pretty much over and a new one is about to begin, so its is once again time look at the retro purchases I have made in the past 30 odd days. Yes I am aware that I am late and that my posting has seriously slowed down as of the last month or so, this is hopefully a temporary thing as I actually really enjoy doing my blog posts.

I started on the first of January by buying Contact for the DS complete for £3, It might not be the hardest game to find but every time in the past that I had found it they either wanted a crazy amount for it or it was seriously beaten up, this was the first time I had seen it in good condition for a good price so I happily dived on it. On the 2nd I added to my DS collection again by buying Style Boutique complete for £3. I actually really intended to play this because I had heard that it was far better than anyone would expect but I still havent stopped and made time for it.

I managed to pick up a small bundle of bits from a local charity shop over the next two days. On the 4th I grabbed, Midnight club 3 dub edition for psp complete for £1, Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex for PS2 complete for £1, Ghost Squad for Wii complete for £1, Red steel for Wii complete for 50 pence and Tony Hawks Shred game no board for 50pence. Not fully sure why I grabbed the last one but it seemed like a good idea at the time. The following day I got an Official dual analogue PlayStation original pad for £1.50, a 3rd party PlayStation original memory card £1, and Pro Pinball Big Race Usa for ps1 complete for £1. I also received Mytran Wars for the PSP complete for £4 including postage that morning.
On the 6th of January I managed to buy a bunch of GameCube games from one place, some PSP games from another and then recieved a SNES cart I had orderd. I got Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon for the GameCube complete for £2, Monopoly Party for the GameCube complete for £2, Xmen2 Wolverines Revenge for the GameCube complete for £2, Legends of Wrestling for the GameCube disc and case for £1, Star Wars Lethal Alliance for the psp complete for £2.50, DarkStalkers Chronicle the Chaos Tower for psp complete for £2.50 and Super Empire Strikes Back for the SNES NTSC american cart only for £13. Empire Strikes back is probably my favourite purchase of the whole month mostly because I already own Super Star Wars and Super Return of the Jedi and this rounded the trilogy out (I also have the Indiana Jones Trilogy made by the same people). Getting it felt like taking care of a serious piece of unfinished business specially seeing as its a very important time for Star Wars right now with the first film in the new trilogy currently setting all kinds of box office records, I wish someone would pony up the money for a Super Force Awakens Super Star Wars style game but I guess that is another topic altogether.

On the 7th I got Me and My Katamari for PSP complete for £3 from a local indy shop, after this I seriously slowed down and didnt buy anything else till the 15th. On the 15th I receieved Gadget Racers GBA cart only for £3 including postage in the post and then got the following from a charity shop Chicken Little GameCube complete for £2, Lemony Snickets A series of Unfortunate Events GameCube complete for £2,Metal Arms Glitch in the system complete for Xbox for £1 and From Russia With Love complete for the psp for£1.

On the 20th I visted another charity shop and picked up both Terminator: Dawn Of Fate complete for PS2 for 50Pence and Crazy Taxi complete for PS2 for 50Pence. The following day on the way home from work I grabbed Harvest moon magical melody for the Wii complete for £4 from Granger games and the following morning a copy of MVP Baseball 2004 complete for gamecube which I had paid £2 for including postage arrived. My purchases for the month ended with me grabbing a few PSP games from a pawn store. I got Sega Megadrive collection complete for 99pence, Juiced 2 hot import nights complete for 99pence and Medal of Honor Heroes complete for 99pence.

Super Empire Strikes back is my favoyrate purchase of the month, in what I would call a decent month. I am sure the next month will be a quiet one as I know at least it is starting with less of an intention of buying myself things, Still who knows I could always stumble on to some crazy mother-load I cant resist.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tales from the Crypt DEAD EASY aka Fat Tuesday the lost film

Ages and Ages ago I made blog posts about Tales from the Crypt Presents Fat Tuesday AKA Dead Easy and a few years ago I turned these into a...