Tuesday 28 June 2016

Why I missed E3 and which PS4 games I fancy from it.

Well some might wonder why I didnt write anything about E3 while it was happening or just after it had happend, well in my defense I am a blog not a news site. I will admit something here though and that is the basic fact that I tottally ignored E3 while it was all going on. Why did I do this? Well there are a couple of reasons, one of them being that as I have previously mentioned have a new girlfriend who I have been spending a fair degree of time with but the other reason is that having also made a new friend who is intrested in retro games has kind of reignited my passion for old games. Plus there has been a crazy amount of things I have wanted to write about to the point that its held me back as I couldnt decide which one to go with, I was almost going to talk about the ''some feminists'' who ruined a Betty Paige murial, or Brexit, or how stoked I was about Dean Ambrose winning the main WWE belt (cause I am super stoked) but in the end I decided a late E3 post was the way to go.

OK to start with I think I should mentuion that I tend to go through phases of being super into modern games and then super into retro games, yeah sure sometimes I will play a little Sonic and then jump on to Fallout 4 but in honesty a lot of the time I seem to have my feet planted firmly on one side of the fence. I have also been back to back watching the whole of Buffy the Vampire Slayer after having picked up a box set of all 7 seasons for £10 in a second hand shop.  This Buffy onslaught will proberbly lead to a post all of its own at some point but lets just say that at the moment I have been more inclined to sink time in to a  long game, so most of my play time recently has been taken up with quick blasts of pick up and play retro goodness, including most of a day spent playing Perfect Dark on the N64 with my above mentioned new friend.given all of this E3 just wasnt a priority for me.

I dont live under a rock though, sure I might not have sat and refreshed various web pages and live streams while E3 was on but I have of course heard about the various announcments and watched clips that relate to titles I like the sound of. So here is just a taste of some of what I am excited about, for now I am going to keep it purly to the upcoming PS4 treats which are on my mind.

Friday the 13th: The Game (PS4)

Ok so I am obviously going to be a big mark for this bearing in mind that I have wrote so much about horror. The Friday the 13th films are something I absolutly adore, I can not get enough Jason, sure at times they might be a little silly but there also gory, atmospheric and awesome
This game doesnt look like a graphical masterpiece or anything but it does look very true to Friday the 13th and by that I mean true to the original films not the so so remake.Is it going to be a buy on release thing? Well I am not sure I guess I will have to see how it looks closer to release. I seldom buy games on the day of release because so many games even good ones are litterally on sale a week or two latter for £10 to £20 cheaper than they launched at, but I will deffinetly be keeping my eyes on this one. A Jason X skin as an unlockable would be pretty cool, although knowning the modern gaming world it would be more likly to be a £3.99 piece of DLC, which would not be cool. (I so need to write a piece about how lame it is that stuff which used to be thrown in to games as little cool unlockable tid bits is now farmed for far more cash than it is really worth).
 

Spiderman (PS4)

 
Ok so what can I say about Spiderman other than Wowzers really a Spiderman game by Insomniac? One which does not have the burden of having its plot tied to a film, hell to the yes. Lets just say that there work on Sunset Overdrive coupled with my love of SpiderMan as a character added to the fact that they have the freedom to just take the character his world, years and years of characters and plots and run with it due to it not being tied to a movie has me just hoping that this can reach the heights of SpiderMan 2 on the GameCube a game I spent a heck of a long time on it, loving every single moment of it. In honesty I have even managed to eek out a fair bit of enjoyment from even some of the lesser SpiderMan titles just through the share love of getting to be SpiderMan for awile. Again I find myself harping on and on about alternative costumes but I really hope that they stuff this game with unlockable costumes from SpiderMan's comics, the Symbiote suit, the Scarlet Spider costume, SpiderMan 2099 ecetera. Again I hope they throw this in to make the game awesome as apposed to charging dollar dollar per suit or making them pre-order bonuses you can only get if you agree to pre-order it from a specific shop, a shop which then knowing how much people will want it can slap on whatever price they see fit knowing some people will need to have it no matter what.

1 comment:

  1. Glad that somebody else liked what they saw of Friday the 13th too. It was one of the best surprises for me and looks totally authentic so I can't wait. A Manhatten stage with that track from Metropolis would be a nice inclusion but I'll still be more than happy with the classic camp/lake setting.

    ReplyDelete

Tales from the Crypt DEAD EASY aka Fat Tuesday the lost film

Ages and Ages ago I made blog posts about Tales from the Crypt Presents Fat Tuesday AKA Dead Easy and a few years ago I turned these into a...