Sunday 31 December 2017

What this blog has acheived in 2017 and my plans for 2018

Ok so I have always done a sort of year in review post for my blog where I have talked either at the end of the year or the start of the new one about what I feel I have achieved and what I want to do with my blog in the following year. This time it seems like this will be my last post of the year as apposed to my first post of the following year, still for those reading this I would like to with you a happy new year wether it has yet to come or if your reading this well after the time I post it.

Well the first thing to say is that once again I dont plan any major giant changes, I will continue to talk about Games, Horror, and occasionally polotics or just things that have either grabbed my intrest or just pissed me off. I do have to admit that one area I have focused on less and less this year is the World of Wrestling, this has not been a concious decision it just seems to be the way things have gone, I dont seem to get time to watch as much as I once did and I found some of the posts I wrote like the ones on the WWE Hall of fame just took such an incredible amount of time to write that I could find myself slowly slogging away at the same post weeks later.

I still have not finished reviewing 150 SNES games, this has become a sort of never ending task, it was originally made as a way to keep me sane while I was unemployed, unfortunaly for the project I soon found work after starting it and then I felt that it would be letting down everyone who supported me if I just slung the idea, lets face it we have all heard that old chesnut about how we never finish anything we promise we will do or about how we flit from idea to idea never letting any of them reach there true potential.

I said at the start of the year that I was going to try my hardest to crack on with this task of reviewing 150 SNES games and that I hoped to review at least 25 new titles that I havent previously talked about and that if needs be I would buy more games in order to do it. I started out with enough games to complete the task but I found some were just to hard to review or I couldnt form a decent opinion on. As it stands I actually managed to review exactly 25 this year.  This means that if I want to finish this project before the end of 2018 I have to review 17 SNES games which actually sounds completely resonable and I will frankly be mad with myself if I dont manage this. I did just get an Everdrive for my SNES which could make this really easy however I promised to do this all with real carts on real hardware for those wondering if the Everdrive will come into play... No it wont, well at least not properly, if I review a Japanese game I may look at a translation quickly on the Everdrive to make some kind of comment but I will be playing and reviewing the real cart.

Last year I said that I had aquired the services of a guest poster who would be talking about various subjects both to give this blog a differing point of view and to keep it as regular as possible, unfortunatly I was let down on this front and as a result I really tried to push myself to post as regularly as possible. This did end up meaning that it was my year with the highest post count yet but I have to admit it was a lot of work and has left me with very big shoes to fill in the future. I cant promise that next year will be as busy, but I can say that I will do all that I can in order to make sure that this blog keeps on going and that it never goes too long without some new content.

I started a kerr900 Instergram account this year to act as an extension of this blog and this is something that I hope to carry on with. I also think that this place is in need of a redesign so will most likly look at working on a new backdrop with a view to replacing the current one in a few months.

I guess at this point what I really want to do is just to thank all of my readers and supporters for everything and stop and wish you a Happy New year and to hope that 2018 is a good year for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tales from the Crypt DEAD EASY aka Fat Tuesday the lost film

Ages and Ages ago I made blog posts about Tales from the Crypt Presents Fat Tuesday AKA Dead Easy and a few years ago I turned these into a...