Thursday 31 January 2019

My Retro Purchases in January 2019

OK there wont be any pictures on this post and it probably wont be the best edited post, it also could be the last post for a little bit as my Laptop has broken, so consider this post a possible bye bye for now.

OK so I try to make good decisions when it comes to retro purchasing and I try not to take that big a  risk with things but this month I think I have kind of been a little more reckless and not made as good decisions in some cases.

My Retro purchasing didnt start until the 7th of the month when I Spent £19 on a box of stuff and as I was buying it I kind of knew that it arguably was not worth it. So what did I get in the box well I got a PS One with a genuine power supply and TV lead but no joypad, A none functioning PS2 , 2 official ps2 memory cards, two ps2 TV leads, a brand new ethernet cable and a generic dual analog usb pc pad. They were completly honest that the PS2 didnt even turn on and thats exactly what I wanted at that moment in time, I was less looking for something retro and more looking for a project to occupy me and give me a puzzle to work out to be honest. The big problem was that the puzzle took me like 15 minutes to sort out , basically it was all down to loose connections and it was a quick fix. Once I sorted it out and turned it on Ifound out that it had the little bonus of having a really good condition disc copy of Burnout Revenge inside it.  I had thought that if the PS1 didn't work then I would remove its cd drive and transplant it into a chipped PS1 I own which has a really iffy CD lens which semi works semi doesnt, in the end though the PS1 worked perfectly even playing a really really scratched disc I put in it effortlessly so I didn't feel I should take anything out of it or mess with it.

On the 9th I managed to grab a cart of ChessMaster for the gameboy for £1 , not the most thrilling game but always good to get a gameboy cart.
On the 10th I got a black official N64 pad  for 50pence, and a playstation power lead for 50pence from a charity shop. I guess that lead can now go with that PS2 I repaired.  
 I then didnt grab anything until the 17th when I got a Wii with all the wires, 2 official wii-motes, 2 official nunchucks, a wii+ add on , wi sports, wii sports resort, Super monkey ball banana blitz, Ratatouille, my fitness coach, family trainer, tiger woods 09 , deal or no deal (all games are boxed with manuals) and a loose disc for wii play for £30 from a charity. Really not sure if I should have grabbed it , dont really need it but I guess it has helped a charity make some money and it never hurts to have some spare Wii-motes.
On the 19th I spent £20 on loose pal SNES carts of Super Mario World and Super Mario All starts and boxed complete copies of Ballz and Thunderblade for the Megadrive. It is kind of pleasant to see that you can get basic Mario Platformers at the moment without having to break the bank.
On the 25th I got a boxed N64 Transfer pack, and loose carts for World Cup 98, NFL Quarterback club 98 and Rugrats treasure hunt for the N64 for £8, the part I was happiest with was getting the boxed transfer pack. I guess this is because I have only ever seen them either loose or boxed in with Pokemon Stadium.

Finally on the 31st this very day I got the GameCube Rogue leader preview disc which I wanted as it was a game exclusive disc only for people that pre-orderd the full game, the best thing about it is that it contains the entire original Star Wars Arcade game for you to play it on your gamecube. I spent a little much on this as it was £15 but I really really wanted it.

So I spent £94 on retro video games this month , I am not entirely happy with what I got as I think I kind of brought a few things I didn't really need just in order to have things to tinker with. I dont feel too bad about it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tales from the Crypt DEAD EASY aka Fat Tuesday the lost film

Ages and Ages ago I made blog posts about Tales from the Crypt Presents Fat Tuesday AKA Dead Easy and a few years ago I turned these into a...