Tuesday 2 July 2019

My Retro game purchases for June 2019

So I started my retro purchaes on the 3rd of the month when I grabbed a few cheap games, I got GTA 3 for ps2 complete for 50p , ratchet and clank for ps2 complete for 50p and syphon filter omega strain for ps2 complete for 50p
 
Then on the 6th I grabbed 4 loose Famicom carts for £8 family stadium 87, gundam z hot scramble, child's quest, and moreo pro yakyuu baseball and then I spent £10 on two convertors for playing Famicom games on a NES, hoping to use them on my Retron NES HD consoles, there the first ever original Famicom games I have ever owned so I was pretty excited about it all but it was not to be, it turns out that the convertors dont work, at least not through the Retron, I havent set my real NES up to check but to be honest even if they work on that its not exactly achieving what I wanted which was to play NTSC Japanese Famicom games in 60HZ through a HDMI cable.

I also grabbed a complete copy of Driven for the GameCube for £1.50 on the 6th, not the best game in the world but its not a bad one either.
 
On the 11th I went in a charity shop where it was any 4 games or films for £1 , I looked for old stuff but got a mixed bag, I got blood wake (boxed missing manual) for original xbox, tom Clancy's ghost recon (complete) for original Xbox, first to fight (complete ) for original Xbox, batman arkham asylum (complete) for Xbox 360, viva piñata trouble in paradise (missing manual) for Xbox 360, iron man 2 (disc in blank case) for Xbox 360, injustice (missing manual) for Xbox 360, street fighter x tekken (complete) for Xbox 360, resident evil 6 (complete) for 360, GTA 5 (missing manual) , Kong skull island DVD , Land of the Dead DVD, also had a few loose discs inside. Xbox live arcade, and modern warfare 2 for 360, all in all I think thats a pretty darn amazing deal and it really made me smile.
 
On the 13th I got a slimline ps2 just the machine and power so no pads or TV lead for £5 wasn't that fussed on getting it but the guy trying to sell it me in the charity shop really helps me and sells me stuff there going to throw etc (he sold me a broke ps4 for £10 which I got working again) and I kind of want to just keep showing intrest because its worth it when the really good stuff gets brought to my attention. On the same day I also got sonic advance 3 complete for GBA for £6 and I got now that's what I call music dance and sing, and the Michael Jackson experience complete for Wii for a quid each. 
 
on the 21st I got what I consider a great little haul I got Advanced Wars Dual Strike for DS complete for 99pence (I adore this game).I also got a whole bunch of Wii U games for £2.99 each I got Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, New Super Mario Bros, two copies of Star Fox Zero, two copies of Splatoon, Lego starwars the force awakens, Hyrule Warriors, Watch dogs and splinter cell blacklist. All of them were complete and I might be wrong but figured I'd grab this stuff while its cheap. 
 
I ended the months purchases on the 27th when I went in an Indy game shop today and they tried to sell me some GBA carts they'd got in recently, I had to inform them out of the 20 carts they had 15 were fakes, I did buy two real loose carts Mech Platoon and Konami Krazy Racers for £6.50 in total though so not a completely wasted trip.
 
So In the end I spent £74.39 On retro games. This is a bit more than I have spent some months but I dont feel its a massive amount as I got a lot of bang for my bucks. I am a little bit peved off about the NES/Famicom adaptors but its not the end of the world and there are a lot more things to be happy about. All in all I would call it a great month

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tales from the Crypt DEAD EASY aka Fat Tuesday the lost film

Ages and Ages ago I made blog posts about Tales from the Crypt Presents Fat Tuesday AKA Dead Easy and a few years ago I turned these into a...