Saturday 22 August 2015

Summer Slam 2015 pre-event discussion





Summer Slam 2015 Is nearly upon us. So with that in mind I thought it would be nice to discuss my thoughts and in some cases predictions for some of the matches. I could talk about all of them but the truth is I find it really hard to care about some of them. To be honest I will probably end up looking back on this realizing that I have massively missed the mark but then really its all just a bit of fun.

So here is what we have to look forward to Brock Lesnar accompanied to the ring by his manager Paul Heyman against The Undertaker in singles match. Personally I think they are both good wrestlers/entertainers and I think that it will be a decent match but I firmly believe that The Undertaker will win, mostly because after Brock beat the streak if you allow him to cleanly beat Taker then they are really just dumping on Taker. Taker needs to win to save face. A loss wont hurt Brock you will never be able to take away the fact that he is the man who ended Undertakers famous streak.

Randy Orton against Sheamus in a singles match. I have no idea who will win this, in truth I am not invested enough in either of them to have any understanding of there win and loss record against each other or why they are being pitted against each other. If I was to go back to calling it the way I did as a youngster, just saying who I wanted to win because I like them the most then I would be chanting Orton for the course of this match.

Seth Rollins against John Cena in a title versus title Singles match for the WWE United States Championship and the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. I guess that in doing this title for title they are trying to make some huge event of it, trying to go for some of the excitement of Warrior Versus He who shall not be named in there title for title bout from Wrestlemania 6. I am afraid neither of them are as big as there counterpart. I do think though that Cena has achieved so much that he really doesn't need the push of winning both belts, so personally I think the best move would be to have Rollins win, but knowing the WWE I wouldn't be surprised to see it end in some kind of double count out or disqualification which enables both parties to keep there belts. I would much prefer a good straight win and then watch them remove the lesser belt from the victor whoever it might be after a week or two and put it up in some kind of tournament.

Ryback versus The Big Show versus The Miz in a Triple Threat match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship. Now I have always thought the Big Show was pretty cool, yeah he is a big guy and at times his move set can seem to be a little limited but well that never did Andre any harm. I have problems caring about The Miz, they seem to try to be making him in to some form of douche type character but I just dont care enough he doesnt sell the hate. There were times I wanted to kill heel wrestlers like The Million Dollar Man and Ravashing Rick Rude and the Miz just doesnt cut it for me personally, not sure if its something the WWE are doing wrong or something the Miz is not doing. I have to be honest and tell the truth that I have no clue how this match will end.

Stephen Amell and Neville vs. Stardust and King Barrett in a tag team match. Now I could say oh look at the WWE trying to use a famous actor to push a wrestling show yet again they have been doing this kind of crap since the lead up to the first Wrestlemania but I have seen Stephen Amell on RAW, the man was selling it really well, unlike some of the famous people who they have shoehorned into matches and events I am actually looking forward to this. I imagine that either Stehen Amell and Neville will win or they will loose in a way which allows them to still come out the cheered heroes of the match. I do wonder if Stephen Amell will just be on the outside of the ring for ninety percent of it, maybe throw one punch and mostly be there for show or if they will have had him in training learning a move or two, he is an athletic guy who apparently does a lot of his own stunts on the show Arrow. I have never been much of a fan of Neville but I do respect some of the high flying work he does. On the other hand I am very happy to see them making some use of Stardust.

Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro in a singles match. Both of these wrestlers seem decent, I have seen them perform some good moves but they just haven't been sold enough to me for me to really care what happens or who wins.

Team Bella (The Bella Twins and Alicia Fox) versus Team B.A.D. (Naomi Knight, Sasha Banks and Tamina Snuka) versus Team PCB (Paige, Charlotte and Becky Lynch) in a Three-Team Elimination match. I don't mean this in a sexist way at all, in fact I would love there to be some credible female wrestling on air but this is not WWE's strong point.

I find it hard to care about any of the tag team matches the truth is I think the golden days of Tag team wrestling are so far behind us that we are never likely to see anything close to them again. If it was up to me the WWE would focus on rebooting the whole tag team division and it would start with honouring Demolition at the next Hall of fame for there contribution to the world of tag team wrestling and the various records they have held. From there I would look at developing brand new wrestlers who only wrestle as a part of a team, people who train togther whoise ambition is purly to put on the best tag matches possible who are happy to sell themselves to a team instead of trying to be part of a team one minute and a solo wrestler the next. I will end things here as I have gone off on a bit of a tangent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tales from the Crypt DEAD EASY aka Fat Tuesday the lost film

Ages and Ages ago I made blog posts about Tales from the Crypt Presents Fat Tuesday AKA Dead Easy and a few years ago I turned these into a...