Friday 27 May 2016

Courting Contrversy Kate and Gerry McCann

Ok so basically we all remember Madeline McCann right the little three year old girl who went missing while on holiday in Portugal. At the time this happend I worked for a pub as a shift manager and we had a big plasma screen TV across from the bar which in the mornings was always on the news channel so i saw report after report on the whole thing. I was also in a position where a large percentage of my locals would stop and ask me my oppinion or would just generally want to debate the available facts. In 2007 I had a 5 year old daughter and the truth of the matter was that she was pretty much always with me or with my mother, she was never left to sleep in an empty house or caravan or holiday apartment while everyone went out and had a meal, heck there was a shop directly across the road from my mum and dad's house and I mean directly across the road on the same street , and I wouldnt even leave her asleep in the front room of there house in her play pen when she was little and run to grab a coke. A parent is a kids first line of defence from the world and most decent parents absolutly shit a brick when there kid starts secondary school and you have to leave them alone to walk to school so to me the McCann's seemed to lack this spark of parental worry which I see as normal.

At the time I did frequently comment that if they had not been upper class if they had basically been working class parents then they would have arrived home and instantly been investigated for child neglect and that they would have run the risk of having there other children removed from there care, after all lets face it some parents with less cultural capital than them have had there children whiped out from under them for far less. I know my words made some people very angry because they thought I should have been feelign sorry for the parents of a missing child, they also didnt like how I would complain about all the resources spent on finding this kid, lets stop and face the fact though that loads of kids go missing and some bearly hit the headlines, its not that I think its wrong to be looking for missing children more that I think its wrong to prioritise this one kid to such a degree.

 Now the McCann thing has never gone away but recently Sharon Osbone branded Kate and Gerry McCann "insane" for leaving their three-year-old daughter alone in their room while at a holiday resort in Portugal in 2007. Now I am not a fan of Sharon Osbourne in fact I have often described her as a bit of a mad old bat, but in this case I think the lady had a point, she has now been backed by
 Katie Price (AKA Jordan) The former glamour model aired her views on Loose Women,insisting they shouldn't have left Madaline alone the night she disappeared.Which got a mixed reaction from viewers - with many applauding her for being so honest. Now forgive me for being a bit of a cunt but I think Katie Price is a bit of a dumb shit who has often been caught being offended that other people would mention her kids one moment and then using them for her own publicity the next but I agree with her completly on this... Yes my folks were not rich our holidays were not in Portugal they were in Skegness and places like that but I would say that they were infantly better parents, either they would take me whereever they went or if I was sleepy or tired then my mum would stay and look after me while my dad would go fetch takeout or the ingrediants to cook something. People seem to think that they have a right to a quiet meal or time alone well sorry but the minute you became parents you gave up some of those rights, you have to learn to juggle your responsibilities and your needs and being rich should not provide you with a get out of jail free card.

Not only should the McCann's get used to having there moment of stupidity questioned but in a truly equal world they should have been questioned by social services, that was my oppinion then and thats my oppinion now and I truly do not give a shit about holding that oppinion, it is one I would have brought up if I had been in charge of interviewing them.




I wouldn't normally say this, but I agree with Sharon Osbourne (ugh, I feel dirty). Seriously, how charges of neglect or abuse were never brought up against the McCanns makes me sick. Anyone looking for what happened to Maddie needs to understand it's only one of two possible conclusions.
1) They killed her and are covering it up.
2) They sold her and are covering it up.
Meanwhile, they return to the UK, milk the media circus for all it's worth with some of the least convincing acting I've seen in a long time and bare in mind I watch pro-wrestling, so I've seen some bad fucking acting.They set up a charity which no doubt they're making a mint from as CEO/COO of said organisation. They release a book about their 'struggle', once again cashing in on the life of their daughter. Negligent bastards, I hope they suffer long, painful, agonising deaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tales from the Crypt DEAD EASY aka Fat Tuesday the lost film

Ages and Ages ago I made blog posts about Tales from the Crypt Presents Fat Tuesday AKA Dead Easy and a few years ago I turned these into a...