Thursday 1 March 2018

Retro Game purchases: February 2018

So I started February's retro purchases on the 4th of the month by buying Kickle Cubicle for the NES cart only for £5 and like I always say you cant beat a NES game that is not a sports game for this kind of price.

I didn't buy anything else until the 10th when I grabbed  snake rattle n roll for the Nes cart only for £5 which I was very happy with as I always like picking up games made by Rare. I also managed to grab a PS1 disc only copy of Alundra 2 for £3.50. Its kind of funny as it wasn't that long ago that I grabbed the original disc only for about £5 so now I have got both of them and I got both of them on the cheap disc only. I made a case for the first one so maybe I will make a case for the second as well but who knows its not like I have enough free time to do all of the little projects I would like.

On the 15th I got an American SNES cart of Desert Strike for £5, and an American SNES cart of Redline f1 racer for £5, I got both of these mostly for my 150 SNES game review project which is moving on very well at the moment. These arrived via ebay sellers and the prices include postage. I also grabbed a NES cart Bart Versus the space mutants for £5 from a local indy games shop.



On the 16th I  grabbed DarkWing Duck cart only for Gameboy for £5 from a charity shop, I was really happy with this as not only do I love blooming capcom Disney stuff but I also got the NES version not long back so its cool to have both of them.

On the 21st I got Lode Runner Twin for SNES Japanese cart only £5, and Super Bases Loaded for SNES American cart only for £5 obviously this is more stuff for my SNES review thread. I also got Tiny Toons Adventures Babs Big Break Gameboy cart only £1.50



On the 24th I went into a local indy game shop and I managed to get Disagaea 2 for psp complete for £12, which I am very happy with as well its something I have wanted for a long time. I am very into the PSP as a machine to collect for especially when it comes to role playing games. I also grabbed a copy of Wrestlemania challenge for the NES cart and manual for £3 and Sim City for SNES pal cart only for £4 from the same place. Then in the mail I recieved Golden fighter S for SNES Japanese cart only for £5 including postage.



On the 25th I received a whole bunch of things I had gotten online, the postage was free. I got The Smurfs cart only for GameBoy for £1, The Jungle Book cart only for GameBoy for £2, Side Pocket cart only for GameBoy for £1.50, Cool spot cart only for GameGear for £1.50, CJ Elephant Fugitive cart only for GameGear for £5, and HyperZone cart only for SNES Japanese for £4. Now I got hold of HyperZone because its a game I really wanted to review and if you have been reading this you will see that I have done so. The purchase I was most excited about that arrived on this day though was CJ Elephant Fugitive as this game usually goes for a lot more and is not that common, apparently the rom of it only got dumped for the first time about a year or so ago.



So what is my favorite purchase of the month? Well I guess maybe Disagaea 2 or CJ Elephant Fugitive, I am also pretty pleased with getting Alundra 2 even if it is a disc only copy. I am kind of surprised that I spent as much this month as I did. According to my calculations I spent £84 which is not to bad an amount ideally Id like these purchases to slow down and as I have nearly finished my 150 SNES review series they very well might.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tales from the Crypt DEAD EASY aka Fat Tuesday the lost film

Ages and Ages ago I made blog posts about Tales from the Crypt Presents Fat Tuesday AKA Dead Easy and a few years ago I turned these into a...