Thursday 3 August 2017

How I feel I am doing with this blog so far this year.

Well I am about to go on an 8 day holiday. Its not like this is going to be the first holiday I have been on while doing this blog but it is not likly that I will be posting  at all during this time so I thought what I would do right now is just to let people know that while doing a sort of retrospective of what I have done on this blog so far this year and what I have planned for the rest of it.

At the start of the year I posted a list of what I intended to do this year so lets talk about what I claimed I was going to do and if I have managed it or not. I said that I would continue to talk about Games, Horror, Wrestling and occasionally polotics or just things that have either grabbed my intrest or just pissed me off. So how has this gone? Well I think I have done well as far as talking about Games and Horror has gone, I havent done bad as far as rants go either but I have really not lived up to the promise of providing wrestling content.

I said that I was still going to try my hardest to crack on with this task of reviewing SNES games this year. I said that I hoped to review at least 25 new titles that I havent previously talked about. I also said that if I did not have enough games that I wanted to talk about I would simply buy some new ones. If my maths is right then I have so far reviewed 18 SNES games so far this year meaning if I want to hit my target I need to review another 7 before the end of the year, I think this is certainly possible and I really hope I manage it.

I talked about how I wanted to make sure this blog had semi regular posts so there was at no point a massive amount of time without something going up here, and I dont think I have done to bad with this, this will be my 112th post this year making this already my busiest year since moving to blogger. I did promise there would be guest posters and this is something I have not managed I am afraid, the problem is that people who wanted to help have found that they simply do not have the time, you might think it alone takes a moment to throw out a post but sometimes it is much harder than that.

I said that I wanted to review at least one horror film a month I havent constantly managed to do this some months I have provided several others I havent even managed one, I also said I hoped to return to talking about the WWE hall of fame, which I have but only once, these hall of fame reviews take a lot of research. Research is the biggest problem with this blog in general, if you think about it every time I talk about a film I make sure I watch it at least twice and then if I want to say something about it I try to check my sources as much as possible, If I want to talk about a game I make sure I have played it for a good amount of time so I am not just talking rubbish. 


I have to admit that overall I am quiet pleased with how well things have gone this year so far even if there little things I would change if I could have a do over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tales from the Crypt DEAD EASY aka Fat Tuesday the lost film

Ages and Ages ago I made blog posts about Tales from the Crypt Presents Fat Tuesday AKA Dead Easy and a few years ago I turned these into a...