Sunday 29 November 2015

This Months retro Video Game purchases:November 2015


OK so it is that time of the month again, the time when one month is pretty much over and a new one is about to begin, so its is once again time look at the retro purchases I have made. The honest truth is this is going to be a very short list/post. One of the reasons I haven't really gotten much is that I have been trying to sort Christmas out, then there is the fact that with Black Friday and other related sales I have tended to focus on newer games just because that is where the savings have really been. In general I tend to find myself going through stages of extreme retro purchasing ignoring the modern gaming world and then periods where I reconnect with nowadays games, still back to the retro purchases.

On November the 3rd I got Evil twin cypriens chronicles for playstation 2 complete for £1.50 and Jurassic Park Operation Genesis for PC for £1.50. This is about the 4th time I own Jurassic Park Operation Genesis on PC now, its a good game but I obviously don't need it this many times its just one of those games that I know fetches a decent little amount so I keep my eyes peeled for it (it goes for anywhere from £15 to £35 for the PC Version on sites like ebay which is quiet a lot for an old PC game. These both came from a charity shop which I just tend to check whenever I am walking past it.

On Friday November the 6th I got The Incredable Hulk for Wii boxed but with no manual for £3 and Namco Museum remix for the wii complete for £4 from my local Granger Games. I have heard a lot of good things about hulk but its been like £15 every time ive ran in to a copy in the past, the lack of a manual is a touch annoying but oh well, I guess this is something I need to get used to seeing as nowdays your lucky to even get a scrap of paper with the basic controls written on it when it comes to modern games.

On Friday November the 13th I grabbed a copy of Mario Slam Basketball for the DS Complete for £8 from an indie shop.I have played it quiet a bit in the past and really wanted to own it and this is the cheapest Ive seen it for so was quite happy to make the plunge.

My last retro purchase was on Monday November the 16th I purchased Crimson skies high road to revenge complete for Xbox for 50pence and Zathura complete for xbox for 50pence.

As you can see this slim list was hardly worth a blog post. In the same period of time I have and this is of the top of my head purchased Fallout 4 for Xbox One for £35, Transformers Devastation for Xbox One for £19.99, Disney Infinity 3 with starwars figures for Wii U for £21.50, The walking Dead the escapists for £10, Shovel Knight for PS4 for £10, Freedom Wars for Vita for £10, Chibi Robo 3DS for £10 all new and then a bunch of second hand titles as well Batman Arkham knight for Xbox one for £12.75, Dragon Ball Xenoverse for Xbox one for £15.75, BloodBorne for PS4 for £15.75, Tearaway unfolded for £15. Most of this was due to black friday and lead up to black Friday sales at various different places.

So not a good month for Retro but a decent month for spending on gaming in general.

1 comment:

  1. Crimson Skies is a really fun game and hasn't aged badly at all. I was seriously enjoying it up until an awful set of 'trials' with one in particular being so frustrating that I gave up on the game and got rid of it. Definitely play it though!

    ReplyDelete

Tales from the Crypt DEAD EASY aka Fat Tuesday the lost film

Ages and Ages ago I made blog posts about Tales from the Crypt Presents Fat Tuesday AKA Dead Easy and a few years ago I turned these into a...